Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

289D High voltage at parking break switc

KSGENE ยท 2020-05-31 18:38

I have a 2015 289d with 1800 hrs. Today I started getting a message on my corner post screen when I would try to release the parking break. I tried several times to take a picture so I could get the wording correct but never could do so. It said something about high voltage at parking break release switch. And the break would not release. It enabled the hydraulics but couldn't move. I would try several times and then it would release. I have not been able to find anything when searching for it. Any help would be great. I'm afraid it's going to completely quit at the worst time, knowing my luck.

Replies1
  1. #1Cmark2020-05-31 21:58

    You should be able to scroll through the display to read the logged fault and error codes, no password needed. A voltage high fault code is usually interpreted as an open circuit.