I've got an 1845c and luckily after the job I was doing was done I was moving the machine around and did a wheelie in the process and shortly turned the machine off to talk to someone immediately afterwards. When I started the machine back up there is somewhat of a whine or hissing coming from the rear right side. I've ended up losing the hydaulics for the boom. I havent had a chance yet to pull the seat yet to check and see if I knocked something loose or what. The boom will go up abotu 3-4 inches and then stop. The boom then will not come down unless you curl or uncurl the bucket. The boom will continue to go up if you curl or uncurl the bucket as well. The hydraulic resevoir is full and it doesnt appear to be pissing any fluid that I can tell yet but I havent moved the seat yet either. I'm not sure If theres something in the hydraulic line that could be blocking the flow or if I broke something or something came loose? Any thoughts or ideas? I probably wont be able to take a look at the machine until tuesday.
Make sure your auxillary pedal is not partly engaged. That will make the loader do as you decribed.
I have often been curious about what position the auxiliary pedal should be in if you are not using the auxiliary. After I replaced a hose from the hydrostatic housing to one of the hydraulic drive motors, I saw that where there used to be a bolt that held the pedal in one position, was missing. So, I placed a 3/8 bolt and nut in the hole to lock it into position. When I went to tilt the forks back up, they would go down. Then I figured the only thing I did was put a new bolt in to lock the pedal. I removed the bolt, and all was well. If a person is not going to be using the auxiliary pedal, should it be bolted, and if so how would you adjust it before bolting to make sure all the bucket functions operate correctly.......thanks.
Scavenger, that drilling where you fitted the bolt is for a pin to hold the pedal in pressure position when a backhoe attatchment is fitted. If your not using the aux pedal - I guess you just leave it alone.
goose you were absolutely right on with the pedal. I must have stepped on it and not realized it when I have gotten in and out of the machine. I love it when its a nice easy fix. Thanks guys I do appreciate it.