I intend changing the oils in my machine(Havent got a book) and need a bit of advice. Engine 15 40 is that ok and then change every 250hrs Hydraulic it says at the back sae10 30 with hto additive,i take that the 10/30is just normal engine oil? what quantity and what quantity of additive?,could i use 15/40 instead or even tractor universal that should have some of the additives any way and perhaps be a better oil as is the 15/40 for the engine. Am i on the right track:Banghead
15-40 is fine for engine. 10-30 motor oil in hydraulic with additive that's available from any case/ih dealer. jr
1845 10w40 engine, call your Case dealer and ask them what the specs are. Then go to Tractor supply and buy the same specs, for about half the money. If I remember correctly, it does take 10w30 for hydraulics. Good Luck
1845C hydraulic oil You should use 10/30 engine oil with the HTO additive. The mixture ratio is 1 quart of the additive to 5 gallons of 1030 oil. The HTO additive is available at any CASE dealer. The oil also comes premixed, called HTO premix but it is a little more costly in the premix version. If you use normal hydraulic oils you will have premature problems with your hydrostat motors.
He is right on. Buy the HTO premix, or buy a couple quarts of the HTO additive. I'm running Rotella with the HTO additive in my 1835C. You can get it online from http://www.messicks.com/ if you don't live next to a CASE dealer. Make sure you pull off the cap BEFORE you remove the drain plug. I did not do that and the tank was under pressure, so I made a hell of a mess with my "turbo" hydraulic oil change. I'm unsure how much oil you will need for that 1845C, you may want to watch ebay and pick up an owners manual. My 1835C took about 8 gallons.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Goose! :drinkup
Resurrection of this thread for me. My dealer said 15w-40 was ok, but that is all they stock. The guy did not instill confidence and I never see yellow equipment at their place... only tractors. They did have the additive for $20/quart and SAE 10W-30 is not exactly free. Yikes... I need to fix those hydraulic drips. I guess I should really ask is any 10w-30 ok... I bought Castrol and this guy told me I needed a good "offroad" oil even better than Rotella-T (Sams club only has 15w-40 too). The John Deere store only had 10w-30 in quarts for their mowers (no 2.5 or 5 gallons), which I suspect is no better than Castrol or other name brand. I supposed I need to be looking for those 2-digit ratings (api?) for Case and see if any oil matches.
Case calls for 10w-30 engine oil with the HTO additive. If your Castrol is rated CE, it should be O.K.