Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1948 International TD6 Dozer with PTO

roddyo ยท 2011-07-12 19:54

I showed up to do a road job for a buddy of mine a few years ago and stumbled across this. I been telling EGS about it and needed to send him some pictures so I thought I would just post them here. I was going to haul a couple of hundred yards of clay gravel fill for a road and he told me not to worry about spreading it because he had a machine. I'm backing down the road with my first load and look in my mirror and see him coming down the road on this thing. It ended up working as well as anything and we built almost a half a quarter of road with it by the time we was done.

Replies6
  1. #1ScottAR2011-07-12 20:47

    Looks like a good time could be had messing about with that machine.

  2. #2roddyo2011-07-13 08:45

    I love watching the thing work....but have never ran it since I got it. I keep saying one of these days I will get it out of the barn and play with it but never seem to find the time. I thought it might be handy on small jobs leveling fill, somthing you could put on a bumper trailer and move pretty easy with a pickup. I got an ASV RC50 now and it seems to do all those jobs.

  3. #3EGS2011-07-14 15:18

    That dozer hasn't had much use. The rear hitch and blade/front screen don't show hardly any wear at all. There is a collector some where that would love to own that machine. On a side note I am surprised to see a draper header down that way. Are you guys using that on rice?

  4. #4roddyo2011-07-14 19:01

    I put it on Craigslist the other day. The little guy was used as a snow pusher out west on a ranch till just a few years ago. Doc has a farm out there and bought it from one of his neighbors and brought it back. He told me there used to be quite a few of them around because they would start in really cold weather. I think they are about all gone now according to him. That was a nice catch on the draper. Nowadays rice cutting mostly falls into two camps. Those that do it with a Stripper or those that do it with a Draper. I took a few pictures today, I'll get some up in Arkansas Farm Pics.

  5. #5OmniEquipped2011-07-15 23:17

    Unfortunately, I don't get to see much farm equipment down here in South Arkansas, however there's a lot of interesting oil field and timber equipment. I'm originally from Lonoke and come from a family of farmers. My father and grandfather got out of farming in the late 70's/early 80's, but I still have family farming around the Scott, AR area.

  6. #6JimInOz2011-07-19 18:56

    Nice TD6...looks like the blade is a mix of IH500 & JD 350 blades.