I've installed new steering cylinders and want to know the procedure to align the wheels.
Just looked at a pair of CK steer cylinders on the ebay, looks like that thing should have adjustable tie rod ends, pop them out, adjust wheels for 1/8 inch of toe in by measuring front and rear of front tires. Adjust tie rod ends till they go back into hole in front spindle easily and tighten without moving. Even if it's not perfect, not like you're going down the road at 60 mph, get it close. If not happy do over.
Perfect, thanks for the help
Another question. Should I have fluid in the pump and cylinders before doing this alignment procedure or is the intent that the wheels are off the ground so they can be turned by hand?
I think it could be sloppy without fluid in the cylinders.
The filter should be changed too !