Well this is an unusual one. Scanned had a fault for high voltage, battery was not good in it and replaced. Replaced electric lift pump, fuel filters had been replaced per customer, has strainer filter and spin on. Check tanks, tanks clean. Checked fuel pressures everything's good. There is another mechanical transfer pump on block and the high pressure pump has the kill solenoid on it which I believe they do not sell separately. I cannot duplicate but happens to the customer anyone run into any issues like this with these newer motors? Im thinking the kill solenoid is bad, gets hot shuts off, cools down and works again.
Maybe a relay or solenoid feeds the power to the Fuel pump solenoid. Have you tested with fuel tank cap off, just in case. Does it crank immediately after dying, or only after cooling off. There isn't some kind of temperature shut down happening, any lights on the dash at the moment of shutting down. Simon C
Could remove the kill solenoid and plug it into a good battery with a battery charger keeping the voltage at 14 volts for 1 hour or more. If it does not drop out after that length of time and with maybe a heat gun warming it up to about 200 F to simulate being on an engine, then the problem is something else. Better to test than fire the parts cannon only to find out same problem. Unless there is lots of extra money floating around. Simon C
Fuel tank vented ? Typical symptom of a vacuum in it. When it dies, slowly removing the filler cap would make a hissing sound, IF that is the problem.
Good Morning, I dint not think about the venting being it only has 100 hrs on it. Usually I run into that on high hour units. I'm going to have them try it.