Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1968 Case 680CK

DLT ยท 2021-07-30 13:50

Hello esteemed group. I'm looking for some exhaust parts for my 680 Construction King (before letters). They are, specifically, the exhaust spacer and elbow, parts A57467 and A17488 respectively. I've had no luck searching the Case-New Holland Construction databases or searching online. I have a query out to AMS Construction and Broken Tractor but have not gotten an answer. My local Case Construction dealer is a bit of a bust as well. Short of having to have the parts fabricated, I hoping the hive mind can help me locate some parts. Thanks in advance.

Replies6
  1. #1thepumpguysc2021-07-30 14:24

    Dale Weiss @ tractor Stuff.. Ebackhoeparts.com

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-07-30 15:09

    Those 267 CUI motors are quite rare to find parts for I think. All you can do is search salvage yards. The spacer and elbow could be fabricated by any machine shop. Or, make a steel plate to close off the elbow outlet. Weld a pipe on (#19) and run the exhaust straight up and out of the hood.

  3. #3DLT2021-07-30 15:20

    Thanks, I'll give them a call next week.

  4. #4DLT2021-07-30 15:22

    Not many salvage yards around here unfortunately. I figured a machine shop would be an option but I was hoping that would be the very last resort.

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-07-30 16:49

    In these days of the internet your distance from a salvage yard shouldn't be a problem. Here is a photo of an old 680 not far from me with a 267 in it. I stopped a couple of years ago and snapped the some photos. The exhaust appears to be factory made and going thru the hood. I have no idea who owns it.

  6. #6DLT2021-07-30 17:10

    Mine goes through the hood as well. It looks as though a previous owner had cut off either the narrowed part of the elbow or the exhaust pipe in it (it's so rusty it's hard to tell) and fitted a pipe with rain cap over the remains of the elbow but it isn't a tight fit and bounces around. I have contacted a few of the places online but have yet to hear back. I'm going to keep trying.