Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1969 580CK

69580ck · 2021-08-01 00:15

I have broken cylinder (sheared off) . I am trying to find original OEM PN on it so i can hopefully track down replacement It is the cylinder on right hand side that controls the bucket tilt up and down. Not the two cylinders that control lift up and down. also, passengers side outrigger stabilizer cylinder is leaking heavily. Anyone can confirm that should be PN 1340827C1 ? Thanks for help in advance

Replies23
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-08-01 10:40

    A serial number of the tractor is needed for an accurate answer. I am posting a full image of your tractor so that the red outlined cylinder is easier to see. The bucket tilt cylinders are upfront attached to the arms that tilt the bucket. You have the hydra-leveling cylinder outlined. To those that don't know --- click on the image to enlarge it

  2. #269580ck2021-08-01 17:37

    8364139

  3. #3edgephoto2021-08-01 19:45

    Why not just take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop? They can repair it.

  4. #4Tinkerer2021-08-01 21:01

    Yes, A new rod can be made for less than a cylinder will cost. There is always a chance a used cylinder will need resealing and may have other problems. 1340827C1 is a stabilizer cylinder.

  5. #5Tinkerer2021-08-02 09:55

    I cannot find the cylinder in any of the parts books I have. It is not in the stupid CNH online parts book because they no longer show out of stock parts in there stupid listings. If you want to go fora used cylinder here is one. IF it is the correct one. -----https:// www.ebay.com/itm/291974805716?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item43fb0df8d4:g:dHQAAOSwwCNf0RxJ&amdata=enc%3AAQAGAAACoPYe5NmHp%252B2JMhMi7yxGiTJkPrKr5t53CooMSQt2orsS%252Fwocn770hnih0B3mVHNZ5ODthCv%252FyY%252FbDvsvU4WEQtMwMYwoC9%252FmlK99YUm0SsjmnhaomR6dYiVdiGl0ABLOfjhKWsExb97d8rxzDLPOnycrDijLdX6k4RPS9hCrk6eKRV3ePqNU6ZFSQaHFZ7M8%252FN%252Bjb%252FXY9nfYjWjNNY0CxGfR5tMlZOKl%252B9oEn7BHbUFAXCZwTMNE3cKh1ndHVv0rlq5JrsA34Dsb4fOUVrtdNxGUCo0AHCU54YAYrJiwBFJmqXeiahdreUGCVzfmC9F8hThGVHL1Q%252B1OYr73q0mA8EIhWMyJQJtKvqo%252FsxNsDp6cAYVuJYM%252B5SCVuV7cY2mhkrNjW2hlCMpDt3EXS3TBbGxXSW13Pq1BVtcmyJ%252BSCBrqiEDD4qxap8oQBEPieIm6Xl5LDvKt52pGu7DUxMFcG3KGSllRjLbHSgDkMlWNbB37X3fr0o5i%252B4W5Iv4evVk%252B%252FoQCa0pSgrgUL7giKT6X62fO%252F52Cfpge7ZTFFs45PO%252FGTrF%252Fe8RrcFbnSFJJTLufwlOYstrIRuIbZCMll1dIvnY3B8yFWyEhHmb78TiZcqNDSt4tgmuaoMHd5ijNgieFkB%252FWyVMN0TfoY1idMmbdo61C6XZBP0XX896%252BG2cbxcBXDhu1hToSAqfOjzQ8D0jKYMZDDezPaIT%252BtGYelvlT3528j1m3Bjw7nCNW7%252BlPOtekx%252BXM9vk%252Fci%252FXMzYXwN0FYQIKrhIrkF8ObByv1esWMl49af%252FV66%252BClHvkMVWIRSuO7C%252F0KK7pz0AvbzR7BY2kdhkZ4TnxD2aFYTtKy1KkWXD2GjeF%252BXZmYmvaCPTLTjFujtOMt9jOF1x7ls1khsr35A%253D%253D%7Campid%3APL_CLK%7Cclp%3A2334524

  6. #6Vetech632021-08-02 12:48

    That looks reweldable to me

  7. #7Welder Dave2021-08-02 13:35

    If the rod is still straight, it does look like the eye could be welded back on. Would want to put a good bevel on the rod and have a competent welder do the welding. Really curious how and what caused the leveling cylinder to break?

  8. #8Delmer2021-08-02 13:42

    That bucket self leveling system was dependent on the operator being careful in operation, it tended to operate that cylinder over the relief a fair bit if not operated correctly. Usually broke the top pin mounts off though, that's the common question on that system. I wonder if the top was repaired and put a bind on that weld that flexed until it broke? Not that I'd mess with it, get that rod welded and figure out how to operate it, and keep it greased every now and then.

  9. #969580ck2021-08-02 22:55

    i was messing around with a very large downed hackberry tree. was trying to see if i could even nudge or move it with bucket and chain. I assumed the hydraulics would act like my other tractors and just stop if it couldn't handle weight. apparently not. oddly, i wasn't using the leveling cylinder, just the lift. which it couldn't budge, incidently.

  10. #10S.A.E.2021-08-03 01:14

    Free manuals for a lot of Case machines for download of manuals https://minnpar.com/index.aspx MINNPAR.COM

  11. #11S.A.E.2021-08-03 01:16

    from the pic, it looks like it was previously "repaired". However, the weld is MUCH too shallow to do as required. But, You know that.

  12. #12S.A.E.2021-08-03 01:19

    Based on paint, that cylinder and at least one other have been jacked with previously. It is not the same vintage as the machine. I surmise that the eye was buggered onto the end of the rod during a previous emergency surgery. Why? That weld shows absolutely no penetration as required by the task at hand.

  13. #13S.A.E.2021-08-03 01:21

    P aint Valley Equipment in OH manufactures a lot of Case parts that would be big ticket items at the Case dealer. https://www.paintvalleyequipment.com/print-catalog/access-the-pve-online-catalog

  14. #14Welder Dave2021-08-03 10:48

    The weld won't require full penetration to the inside of the rod but will need 3/8" to 1/2" of penetration and a sound weld around the eye which requires a good bevel. Preheat would be a good idea and use an old glove or something to protect the rod from spatter.

  15. #15Delmer2021-08-03 15:01

    aluminum sheet metal works nice to protect the rod. Curve it around a sharp corner, then roll onto the rod, it will protect from a glancing hammer blow, a slipped pipe wrench, weld spatter is no problem. I wouldn't worry about this one too much. It broke from abuse. it will break again if it's abused again. If it's made stronger, something else will break instead.

  16. #16Tinkerer2021-08-03 15:11

    69580CK ; Quite often (sometimes) the cylinder part number is stamped on the top of the gland.

  17. #17Welder Dave2021-08-03 23:27

    I'm not sure how you abuse the leveling cylinder, all it does is direct oil to the tilt cylinders to keep the bucket at a constant angle and/or from dumping material on the hood. Maybe when the bucket was held in a position where it can't move (chain on the tree) it caused excess pressure on the leveling cylinder? Maybe if the pin was seized from lack of grease could also contribute to it breaking. The break looks pretty brittle and maybe rusty. Hard to tell since it also looks oily. It's possible it had a bad factory weld that should have used preheat. Cylinder rods are a harder steel than mild steel so it would be a good application for preheat.

  18. #18Walker12021-08-04 00:47

    It seems like it couldn’t be hurt, but that equalizer cylinder is one of the most damaged parts of the loader. I watched mine in operation one day and figured out why. IIRC, when you are at full tilt and dropping the bucket there is no place for the excess fluid to go, so the pressure in the equalizer skyrockets. Often the damage is to the loader frame.

  19. #19Tinkerer2021-08-04 09:00

    You were using both hydra-leveling cylinders. Your bucket tilt assembly incorporates four hydraulic cylinders. In regards to the hydra-leveling cylinder being broken from abuse, I have never read a post on HEF documenting that one has been broken from being abused. I don't remember reading of one being broken at all until this thread. I'm not saying it can't happen. The relief valve being set too high could certainly contribute to the demise of all 4 cylinders in the assembly. I would have expected the bucket tilt cylinders to fail before the hydra-leveling ones. My loader has the same system on it and I have never had a problem with it. I have had loads on it many times that blew the relief valve because the bucket was being overloaded.

  20. #20Delmer2021-08-04 09:29

    Yes, you expect to see the top pin pulled out with the loader frame, not the cylinder pulling apart. The leveling master cylinder adds to the force on the loader pin with bucket breakout force, so that cylinder is normally in compression. The cylinder only pulls apart when the bucket is pushed up, which doesn't happen in normal operation. And yes, I consider attempting to move an immovable object to be abuse for a backhoe of this age, there are other machines that you could get away with it, but most machines are capable of damaging themselves by lifting something heavy and uneven like a large tree. particularly if the operator tried to drive in a way that forced the bucket up, the oil flow from the loader and bucket and leveling cylinders would all be rushing through the relief valves at the same time, instead of just the hydraulic pump flow in normal operation. Alrman has explained the weakness of this leveling system, find his post if you want the full explanation, it's not that complicated though. For all we know, that cylinder was broken at some time in the past, and the re welding was weak, it doesn't look like a factory weld job from here.

  21. #21Welder Dave2021-08-04 19:30

    It does look like it has been welded before and looks like a fairly brittle break. I can't tell if it's covered with oil or is rusty or both? The break may have been getting progressively worse over time and trying to pull a tree out finally did it in. With proper technique, welding it back together shouldn't be too difficult.

  22. #2269580ck2021-08-23 07:43

    Thought i would let you know, I ordered this and it worked out perfectly. As far as I can tell, no leaks and a strait cyclinder.

  23. #23Tinkerer2021-08-23 08:54

    Thanks for the update. Way too often we never know the end results after trying to help someone.