Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1969/70 dodge 600 dump truck hydraulics

Funkyfullwidth ยท 2012-08-07 08:29

I've been workin on an old dodge dump truck lately. The problem it has (among many) is the pistons for the dump truck kinda jolt and jump both up and down. There is no filter on this set up. The pto is shaft driven off the transmission. Apparently this problem has been like this for a while, just been getting worse. Going up takes forever, it is not smooth. they jump up a few inches a few seconds in between jumps. The pistons look clean, no scoring or rust. They don't leak. When coming down you have to drive the truck, then hit the brakes to kind of "break it free" so to speak. My first thought were restricted line, crummy fluid, or a clogged filter. But since there isn't a filter i'm leaning towards something possibly gumming up the inside of the pto pump. The linkage is not binding and the valves are opening and closing as far as they can. Any have any insight before I dig into this? Also, where is a place where I can source parts for this thing? I can't find any oil or air filter numbers on the truck.

Replies0

No replies yet.