Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1969 Ford 5550 Backhoe Project

StevenK · 2018-11-27 12:03

Hello all, I'm new to the forum and new to restoring heavy equipment. A friend and I recently got our hands on an old backhoe and are attempting to restore. I'm looking for any advice and information I can find. We have part of the shop manual which deals with the transmission and hydraulics so I am looking for parts info and electrical. Schematics would be great as I am an electrical guy and need/want to rewire the whole machine. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Replies11
  1. #1jimg9842018-11-27 16:25

    i have wiring diagrams need email address to send happy to share them

  2. #2jimg9842018-11-27 16:26

    i have wiring diagrams need email address to send happy to share them

  3. #3StevenK2018-11-27 18:06

    Cool thanks. My email is [email protected]

  4. #4StevenK2018-11-27 19:49

    Are there any New Holland/Ford gurus on here that know these old Ford 5550's?

  5. #5jimg9842018-11-27 21:32

    what information you needing ?

  6. #6StevenK2018-11-28 15:01

    Anything that I might need to look out for. Best place to get parts. Etc. It runs great but won't move. We believe that the hub off the torque converter is the culprit but are open to other suggestions. We are getting ready to pull the motor now.

  7. #7jimg9842018-11-28 16:02

    DID YOU GET THE ELECT WIRING DIAGMANS?

  8. #8StevenK2018-11-28 16:04

    Yes I did. Thanks! I replied to the email.

  9. #9MANGOZTA2021-01-18 01:56

    Hi I'm new on the forum I have what I think is a ford loader backhoe 5550. I'M trying to remove the torque converter to fix a big Hydraulic leak coming from the transition and I can't remove the torque converter. the engine is out. PLEASE HELP ME I bought a service manual from https://farmmanualsfast.com/product...te-service-manual?_pos=3&_sid=52acf73c9&_ss=r and I can't find how to removed the torque converter. i found this numbers on the bell housing. RIGHT SIDE J5011J 0E22B *C272391*T LEFT SIDE OC09B B70D01 ON TOP OF TRANSMITION ID PLATE BROCK HOUSE, ENGLAND 09NN-7003-D 191082202 ENGINE *E164421 C7NN6015 CASTING ON. IF SOMEONE CAN HELP WHERE TO BUY A SERVICE MANUAL OR HELP HOW TO REMOVED THE POWER CONVERTER I'LL APPRECIATE SO MUCH. BY THE WAY TRANMITION IS 6 FORWARD 6 REVERSE WITH LOW AND HIGH 3&3 THANK YOU

  10. #10rust farmer2022-04-18 02:20

    EBay would be your best bet. I have the same machine so feel free to contact me with any questions. I’ve rebuilt my transmission and shuttle.

  11. #11Tinkerer2022-04-18 08:46

    Send a PM to tool_king. He may be able to help you with the manual. I copied this post that was created in 2018. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------