Morning All, Still working through my recent purchase of a 1970 580ck. I have both the service and parts manual, but still need to get a owners manual. Anyway, I have a the dry clutch, forward\N\reverse on the column , with high\low and 4 speed selectors on the floor. Previous owner said he had the clutch replaced during his 28 years of ownership, but I never asked when exactly. So my question, is this a select the initial gear and range and go, or can it be shifted from say 3-4 on the fly? I ask as I can start from stop, (empty\flat ground) in either 1 or 2, high or low without issue, but 3 and 4 want to stall. I have the throttle lever at the lowest idle and just using the foot throttle. Is this normal or should I be able to start in 3 or 4. Do I need to increase the throttle lever more, give it more foot throttle, or am I doing it all wrong? Clutch worn maybe? An adjustment I need to do? Any insight would be great! Thanks Jesse
No replies yet.