Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Terex 860 transmission won’t engage

maddpiratekidd · 2014-08-14 16:43

The transmission won't engage. It starts and eversion else works but it won't move.

Replies5
  1. #1greg95042014-08-14 17:57

    I don't know anything about Terex backhoe's but: On my backhoe there is a safety switch that is controlled by the parking brake lever. If the parking brake is on the machine is automatically switched to neutral. Perhaps yours has a similar feature and it is malfunctioning. - When you move the lever to the off position does the light indicating the parking brake is on go off? - Even if it does go off perhaps the safety switch is malfunctioning and is preventing the machine from going in gear.

  2. #2jturnage252014-08-15 09:23

    Will not engage Email me at [email protected] . Please send me your SN of the machine. This will tell me what type of transmission you have.

  3. #3Hewitt2023-11-27 13:20

    I have the same problem with my Terex 760

  4. #4Hewitt2023-11-29 15:07

    I emailed this address, it’s did not deliver

  5. #5Hewitt2023-11-29 15:10

    Hi, did you find out what was wrong with your machine?