After 2 years I finally decided to remove the power shuttle valve assembly and adapter plate to get to the oil pickup tube and clean the screen. Upon removal of the Power Shuttle Valve assembly I lost the detent spring and detent ball.. ARGH! Does anyone have any pictures or a drawing they could share to help make sure I put these back together in the correct location? I see a small indent on the adapter plate that looks to be where the spring should sit. Is this correct? I am 2 days into removing and cleaning old gaskets and while I wait for a few gaskets and a new ball bearing I was hoping to gain some insight into reassembly.
After further disassembly I found the old detent spring and ball. I also figured out where it belongs so hopefully when the new gaskets arrive I will have it cleaned up and ready to reassemble.
I am going to do the same thing. I have removed all the bolts to the valve assembly and cover plate, but it won't budge open. How did you open yours?