Can anybody tell me what these circled switches do? The one next to the ignition key switch is a momentary push button; The one next to the pull out stop knob is also a pull out type switch that is missing the knob; and the one that is mounted behind the dash, accessed through the opening has a momentary small push button on the top. I also have not figured out how to turn on the headlights located in the radiator grill. The other switches not circled I’ve figured out. Thanks in advance!
My guess would be next to the ignition switch would be the start button, next to the stop cable would be the light switch and the one in the hole is the reset button for the air cleaner indicator. Case guys, is that correct?
Thank you mg2361 for your quick and insightful reply. I think you may have nailed two out of three and will check it out today. Starting this 580 is done with the key in the ignition switch, far right turn initiates the starter so that momentary button is still a mystery. Thank you again, I’ll let you know what I find.
mg2361 - you were correct on the headlight switch, got it working. The air filter indicator is different than one I do have experience with and I have yet to figure out what I’m supposed to see when the filter is indicating a restriction. This reset switch housing is all black (or super dirty?) and I’m only familiar with a clear housing where you can see the red or yellow band through the clear plastic housing. Any thoughts on on this? Still need some other members thoughts on the momentary push button. Thank you again!
Push button - Horn? Air cleaner indicator looks like it got painted?
Is the momentary switch for the glow plug heater on the intake manifold? We had a old CK and it had a glow plug heater, I just cant remember where the switch was. I ended up installing a block heater on it. If plugged in for a hour it would start in the dead of winter.
The button switch on the RH side of the ignition switch is the starter button. It is commonly by-passed when replacing the ignition switch with an off the shelf universal switch that is a fraction of the price of a Case OEM replacement. Unless someone has done some weird rewiring on the machine before FireMedic got it.
Thanks Rick, it has a block heater that works. What would I look for on the intake manifold to indicate it has a glow plug heater there too? Thanks much!
Thanks Tinkerer, you might be right about that. The ignition key though is definitely a case key as it is stamped Case if that’s any indication. I will eventually get under the dash and investigate the wiring. I should be able to figure out if it is a bypassed starter button or it goes somewhere else.
You nailed it again mg2361, it is the air filter indicator and reset and has been painted. I’ll get that cleaned up and back visible. I think there are some trouble lights that have been painted over too. I’ll get under the dash and start tracing that button to get it figured out. Thanks for all your help.
In the middle of the intake there would be a stud with a wire attached to it. That thing would not do much on our old CK. Block heater was the key.
pic of the intake side with the intake heater and celenoid on my ck takes during the engine rebuild and a wiring diagram i found quite useful when building the missing wire harness