Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1974 Case 580B Stabilizer Leg valve spraying oil…..

BartDHull ยท 2018-05-30 02:56

It appears to be a twin hydraulic valve that controls both Stabilizer legs... Can I remove the spool in the tractor? What is inside the valve? I see hard washers and O-rings in the schematic, should I expect anything else? Valve was sticky and I forced it and then it started spraying out out the bottom of the valve. I see someone was into this valve before as they used nails to put together the linkage to the controls on top. Any suggestions, experience or pictures would be appreciated. Thanks Bart D. Hull Laveen, AZ

Replies11
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-05-30 07:47

    You could remove the spools while the assembly is mounted on the machine. But, it is best to remove the assembly and dismantle it on a clean workbench. The complete service instructions are in section 44c of the service manual. Go here and download the service manual. http://files.minnpar.com/partbooks/BACKHOE MANUALS/CNH (CASE) Service Manuals/CASE 580CK MODEL B SERVICE MANUAL/Case 580CK Model B Service Manual.pdf Look closely for any missing parts the previous mechanic may have left out. Especially springs.

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2018-05-31 15:35

    Tinkerer is right it's best to remove the valve and repair it on a bench. And depending on which valve you have as to what to replace. I sounds like the spool stuck to the o-ring and tore when you moved it.

  3. #3BartDHull2018-05-31 21:31

    Where do I find part numbers for the individual seals? I looked on the Case parts page but it just shows a complete valve assembly. If I'm gonna pull it I'm going to replace all the rubber as it goes to heck in Arizona, it was built in 1974 and it's not fun to get to....... Bart Laveen, AZ

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2018-05-31 21:57

    Go to the 580C parts book the valve is the same. Case sometimes leaves things out on their books

  5. #5BartDHull2018-05-31 22:26

    I have everything but a Parts Manual. Can anybody upload the pages for the stabilizer valve assembly? Thank you. Bart D. Hull Laveen, AZ

  6. #6Tinkerer2018-06-01 08:13

    Here is a link to the parts manual ----> https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...7ddd5e6&sl=EN&currency=#epc::mr56444ag4305790 In the upper RH corner of the page there is a green bar. Click on it and expand the image to fill your computer screen. In the lower LH side there are two icons. The page default is for a list of backhoe parts. But, the little grid image will display a pictorial list of the backhoe parts. I am posting a screenshot of the icons I am referring to.

  7. #7BartDHull2018-06-04 22:10

    Thank you everyone..... This is posted in two posts (Oops, didn't mean to do that.) Based on this post and the other post, I don't have to pull the valve apart, just the bottom cover on one spool. (and I'll do that over a clean white bucket.) It is more than likely just one bolt that broke or fell out of the spring assembly.) Ending both threads with this Thank you everyone, you made my work so much easier. Bart D. Hull Laveen, AZ.

  8. #8BartDHull2021-01-31 05:59

    Awwww shoot.... I'm just getting back to this problem and it looks like Case has changed their webpages. (Not like I knew the old ones). I will have to rebuild this stabilizer valve. I've pulled the one valve out of the body too many times and the o-rings and seals are shot. Where on the new site can I find the parts numbers for all the o-rings and seals or a rebuild kit for this stabilizer valve assembly? Good news is the rest is going and I'm digging. Bad news is the stabilizers go down poorly and I have to use both stabilizer controls to put down the left leg. Like fluid need to travel to left valve from right valve. Bart D. Hull Laveen, AZ

  9. #9Tinkerer2021-01-31 09:23

    You most likely won't find them on the new and thoroughly near worthless website. https://www.mycnhistore.com/us/en/c...essna/cn/762EA045-8FBF-E111-9FCE-005056875BD6

  10. #10Tinkerer2021-01-31 09:30

    Provided your 580B has the Model # 35 backhoe on it. This is from the real parts book. If you want it, send me a PM with your email address in it. I will then email you an invitation to download it from my Google Drive.

  11. #11Delmer2021-01-31 11:38

    If you have full movement of both valves, but it's not functioning correctly, then you're looking at more than seals. The seals keep the oil inside the valve, they do NOT make the oil go to the correct function, that is METAL TO METAL.