New to the site; looking for some help with my 580b. Recently I've noticed a slight clicking sound in 2nd gear... I haven't done anything about this yet, just waiting for warmer weather, but any info on where I should start looking would be helpful.
Hello dylan d & welcome to HEF ! A clicking in only 1 gear generally means there could be a problem in the gearbox end of your transaxle - 'clicking' usually means a missing tooth. Just because you can hear it in only one gear doesn't always proove that to be the true. Probably best to drain the oil & you may find some evidence to verify. If nothing comes out - pull the floor & lift the covers to the gearbox & transaxle & you can see all gears visually. Hopefully it will be obvious. Our resident 580B guru is AWOL - has anyone any news about Phil? :beatsme
Don,t mean to high jack the thread but need get required post to start a my own. Does any know the best place to buy oem parts on line. I've checked out colemans,any other suggestions. thxs all ve .
thanks alrman for your response like I said I haven't done anything about it. Haven't even checked the fluid level in the tranny yet. Kind of hoping the fluid level is just low. In another month or two it"ll be warm enough and nice enough to tear into it then we'll know for sure hoping for the best thanks again for any advice
Bluetick, just google your make and model and tons of info will come up. Where in NC are you? I'm in Shelby.