Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1975 Fiat-Allis HD-11B:

1693TA ยท 2020-11-26 06:12

I was delivering a new Massey Ferguson tractor to a guy yesterday afternoon and the gent asks if I know anyone whom may be interested in his dozer which he is going to sale. It was purchased new by someone in his family, is low hours, (I'm told), still sports original paint and decals, and has always been kept inside a building since new. The tractor has not been used in two years and the retirement project/property is finished so the machine is no longer needed. From the owner's explanation whom is not a mechanic, it leaks a small amount of oil from inside the shifter quadrant, (powershift)?, needs a number one fuel injector line which leaks at the fitting, and the freshly rebuilt alternator, (son installed) does not charge the batteries for some reason. The machine does not need any undercarriage, or steering clutches work I'm assured. It has a 10', 10" wide tilt blade which is tight. I do not know if it angles but am going to look at the tractor on Saturday. I've read via Google several folks including members here talking about pitch of the tracks etc. and lack of parts availability for Allis in general. I guess what I'm asking is what should I really look at and for when going over this machine? I'm not all that familiar with Allis equipment, parts availability etc. but for the price he told me he'd take for it, and given it's only 22 miles distant, I'm interested. Thanks,

Replies5
  1. #1Metalman 552020-11-26 06:34

    From what I hear, parts are indeed a problem. Any pictures available? If it was an earlier model say early 70's it will have two top carrier rollers & if a later mid 70's model it will be one. 140 HP six cylinder engine in it & they had lots of power. Weight was approx. 15 tons. Re the blade, seems to me the tilt blade was about 10' wide & it wont angle. The one I ran had the 13' angle blade on it. Some members have posted infor on where to get used parts for those critters, so stay tuned; I'm sure you'll hear from them. Good luck

  2. #21693TA2020-11-26 07:14

    Thank you and I'll grab photos on Saturday when I look at it. He did say the weight was about 30k but he only had it moved to the property several years ago and it's not left since. He is wanting the shop space for this new Massey tractor and some other things. You can see by the way things are kept they are given great care and maintenance. Our conversation really was quick as it started raining and I had a couple more pieces of equipment to get hauled in before the workday ended.

  3. #3Metalman 552020-11-26 07:18

    This is the one I used to run which was a model year 1972 I believe. It was a nice machine.

  4. #41693TA2020-11-26 07:34

    Looks like a good, solid unit. This one has an open ROPS and he had "sweeps" installed for when clearing the woods of this property by a local welding outfit. Said he also had a muffler installed which I guess it never had? He said something about a "165" engine but I don't know what he meant unless a higher horsepower rating than I've heard, or read about. I had asked about "Grouser" bars and he told me the "cleats" are good and the track shoes are all there not being bent, or damaged.

  5. #5Metalman 552020-11-26 13:10

    The original ones had no muffler, just a huge pipe coming off the top. They were loud!! A few pictures would be good once you see it again.