Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Worth much?

D6c10K ยท 2020-11-26 18:52

We've got a pair of JD 450's that came with a farm. The one with bucket is a 450 CE.... didn't look at the other but it's similar. They've both been sitting for 5+ years where they stopped with repair problems. The one with the bucket has the injectors pulled, but knowing the previous owner I'm guessing there was a fuel problem and he just started guessing. Injectors are rusty junk now and the holes have been left open, but at least covered with the hood. The one with the big *** tree shear looks to have blown hydraulic hoses. Not surprising....all of them need replaced. I'd be scared to run it with all the bare hoses running around the operator station. Both are in need of a lot of attention. The winch on the first one might be of interest to someone. Are both just parts tractors or make one out of two?

Replies10
  1. #1Dave Neubert2020-11-26 22:21

    They don't look too bad got any pictures of the undercarriage

  2. #2lantraxco2020-11-26 22:48

    Call around find out who parts them out, call for the winch truck. Unless you dearly need a track loader (why would anybody in this day and age?) I wouldn't waste time and money on fifty year old machines with God only knows what problems. YMMV

  3. #3Welder Dave2020-11-26 23:38

    I think would be worth looking into since they didn't cost anything.

  4. #4catman132020-11-27 00:24

    look at the under carriage if it is gone put add on craigslist and kick them down the road, if the under carriage good put that in the add and kick them down the road, if you need a loader get a track skid steer and there is a lot attachments for them. those old dinosaurs have no attachments and are slow

  5. #5epirbalex2020-11-27 01:49

    I'd have a go at both of them , they won't have been dragged to where they are so were running , running well enough to go to work . If they were really crook they'ed be parked in a shed or close to a work area to be worked on . Local fellas took an injector pump of a Case 1150 and pulled it apart instead of checking the filters . Could even be the same issue with one of yours .

  6. #6D6c10K2020-11-27 20:58

    I'll have to look the undercarriages over next time I'm at the farm. I don't think they're terrible but probably not great.

  7. #7Shimmy12020-11-27 21:50

    I'm sure they have a place somewhere on this earth, but for sure not much more than a hobby machine. JMHO.

  8. #8D6c10K2020-11-28 07:35

    I don't have a use for them myself and I'm not really interested in another project. Best to send them down the road if I can.

  9. #9Jonas3022020-11-28 11:05

    Toss them on craigslist for 1500 each and they will be gone in no time Make sure to list them as junk as things seem to sell higher that way id its a runner the potential buyer picks it apart an unknown junker though they have all kinds of fantasies of getting it running perfect doing a big job and selling for triple there money You see it back on craigslist as soon as there wife finds out lol

  10. #10petepilot2020-11-28 20:37

    do you read your pms.