Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hydraulic hoses on loader bucket dump cylinders

Bootheal · 2021-05-26 22:46

I don’t have a picture but will get one tomorrow. Case 580M left side loader bucket hoses really have to do some extreme flexing. Hoses are needing to be replaced and I would like to relief some of the strain on these hoses. Anyone willing to take a couple of pictures from their machine? thanks, Mike.

Replies19
  1. #1Tinkerer2021-05-27 08:37

    2002 580M on machinery trader.

  2. #2joe--h2021-05-27 11:43

    I like the hooks, must be a bitch to get the forks on though. Joe H

  3. #3Bootheal2021-05-27 11:44

    In the doll dump position, it looks brutal on the hoses! Appears from your pic the steel lines on the cross arm are in a different orientation.

  4. #4Tinkerer2021-05-27 15:01

    Loosen the swivels and turn the hoses to take the kink out of them. They look strange with those loops in them.

  5. #5Mike852021-05-28 07:01

    The steel tubes are bent where they cross over the boom tube. They should fall along the same line as the boom.

  6. #6hookedondiesel2021-05-28 07:02

    Tinkerer has a good idea, you should also bend ( if possible ) the pipes that come out of the center cross-member, downwards, so they almost wrap around that center tube. So they point down to the ground. That should solve your problem, I would think. Mike got that in before me, lol

  7. #7Swetz2021-05-28 07:36

    Looks to me like the loops were put in the hoses because they were to long. As stated above, if the steel lines were pointing down, the hoses probably wouldn't be too long. I bet that if you loosen the cover on the steel lines, they could be pushed down without bending, then re secured...worth a shot before bending

  8. #8Bootheal2021-05-28 08:51

    That pic from Mike85 is what I need. Something had to be bent. I had already loosened the swivels on the cylinder end but needed an idea of what the steel lines should look like. Much appreciated, thanks to all.

  9. #9Bootheal2021-06-02 22:43

    Ends looking forward like Mike85 didn’t help. this is where they are now. Better but not great. New lines might need to be slightly longer to remove the sharp radius.

  10. #10Tinkerer2021-06-03 11:09

    This is a 2002 580M for ya Bootheal !

  11. #11hookedondiesel2021-06-03 14:02

    Mike's picture does NOT have the ends "Forward",. It has them pointing "Down" with the bucket on the ground.

  12. #12Tinkerer2021-06-03 16:56

    It wouldn't surprise me if different production years had them orientated different ways. The one in the image I posted looked about as good as it can get. They look to me that they are pointing down. The parts book shows them pointing down. The correct length hoses will be an important part of the problem for Bootheal. Case parts books used to specify the lengths.

  13. #13Bootheal2021-06-03 19:14

    I think I need to start with oem hoses and work from there. Also going to check the junkyard for a steel lineset.

  14. #14Mike852021-06-03 20:45

    Ours all have the hose nuts right tight to the boom following the angle of it. They are a bit hard on hoses. Just one of those things with a moving joint

  15. #15Mike852021-06-07 06:56

    Better view

  16. #16Tinkerer2021-06-07 09:31

    Just my opinion and a suggestion, Booheal. Drain the oil outa those lines. Heat those bends in the steel lines with a O/X torch and bend them back to where they were originally.

  17. #17Bootheal2021-06-07 21:58

    Tinkerer, wish I had thought of using heat sooner. I’ve twisted on them enough. Today I went to the junkyard and picked up a pair that look like Mike’s. Kinda parallel with the loader arms. Tomorrow, I’ll get them cleaned up. New hoses should be here soon and then give it a go. Heat would have done the trick but $40.00 for the pair seemed reasonable. They need brushed and paint but I’m sure mine are rusty under that cover also. Almost went back as the later models have two shaped brackets to hold the lines in place instead of the full cover. Lines would probably not rust as easily but are more exposed to falling objects from the loader bucket.

  18. #18Bootheal2021-06-14 07:33

    Hoses finally arrived and installed (same lengths as existing). Steel lines on the crossover almost parallel with the boom arm. Two small concerns: one hose still bumps the loader bucket at full curl. Hydraulic hose on left side comes very close to the cylinder pin as it passes by. Full dump is way better!

  19. #19Tinkerer2021-06-14 09:44

    Looks real good, Bootheal ! Try loosening one end of the one that is rubbing and then put a slight twist in the hose. Hold it in that position and re-tighten it. It should be further away from the pin. I have slit short lengths of plain ole garden hose and put a hose clamp on each end to cover an area where there is a slight rub.