Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1978 International TD8E – Brake Rebuild

Goosecrkfarms ยท 2023-07-17 17:14

Hello- I just finished having my brake shoes relined. Put everything back together and made all adjustments per the manual and Installed Hy-Tran oil. Started it up and moved it. Foot brake and clutch brakes are not working at all. I thought maybe an air lock but I let it run long enough and still no brakes. I can hear movement in the case when I pull levers. Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks. Shawn Durham

Replies2
  1. #1sglawson2023-07-17 23:25

    I just religned my td8e using manual and the YouTube video link above.. the video is very informative and helped me with a step i left out while replacing mine.

  2. #2Goosecrkfarms2023-07-18 00:04

    I appreciate the information. I watched that video several times and it was helpful. Something is not right. May need to work on all the adjustments again. Thank you for the reply.