Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Td8e blade angle issue

sglawson ยท 2023-07-17 21:37

I have an issue with my international td8e dozer blade that I'm hoping someone can help me with.. as I push with the blade and put any force on either side of the blade it will give on that side and angle the blade. i can move the blade back without issues even under a load but unless I keep pressure on the control valve handle it will go right back when I push something with either side of the blade. I wouldnt think that the packing in both cylinders would suddenly go bad and am leaning more towards a bypass possibly in the control valve itself.. i have not yet torn into it and first wanted to see if anyone on here has had any similar issues .. thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Acecadet2023-07-21 17:11

    The cylinders are tied together. You would only need one of them to have a bad piston seal to cause your issue. The cylinders are relatively easy to rebuild and kits are not that expensive. Same kit works on every cylinder on the machine.

  2. #2sglawson2023-07-30 17:48

    Thanks for the reply, I ordered new seal kits and will put them in when I get off vacation..