Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1979 Case 580C Ignition Switch

jhca19 ยท 2015-01-28 11:02

I am trying to find the correct part number to replace the ignition switch in a 1979 Case 580C Backhoe. The current switch plugs directly into a socket type plug but I can't seem to find a direct replacement. I also need the push button start switch. Looking for the correct part number(s) or direction of where I can order Any help or guidance is appreciated. New to the backhoe

Replies5
  1. #1fishfighter2015-01-28 13:43

    I have the same backhoe. I did away with the push button start and swapped out the key switch with a aftermarket boat key switch.

  2. #2Tinkerer2015-01-28 13:47

    Doe's this look like it ?? http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr49912ar451065bi1176416-3 The push button is #8 in the list.

  3. #3jhca192015-01-28 14:01

    That sure looks like it, thanks

  4. #4jhca192015-01-28 14:11

    Do you know what type of switch? Was it a 3 or 4 position

  5. #5Tinkerer2015-01-28 19:24

    i don't. You can get here for $25.00. http://www.epsstore.com/index.php/d85872.html