Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How can i find Seal ID OD Width measures with a JD part number

odranoel · 2015-01-28 09:19

I have a 310g Backhoe and sometimes the dealer dont have a certain seal in stock and takes 1-2 weeks to get it, i was wondering if theres a way to know the measures out of the parts number. Specific seal at the moment are: AT179466 AT179537

Replies6
  1. #1Deon2015-01-28 18:47

    If those numbers are hydraulic seals, you may find them at a local hydraulic shop or conequip.com or brokentractor.com may have them.

  2. #2old-iron-habit2015-01-28 20:12

    Any reputable bearing/seal shop can work with them numbers. Bearings and seals are the two items that Globel harmonization actually works pretty well. They have the same part number from all the manufacturers worldwide. Of course there are a few exceptions but they can still measure your old one and cross it.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-01-29 01:42

    The OP is in Panama..... You can order them through Amazon.com, not sure if they ship to Panama or not....

  4. #4Welder Dave2015-01-29 01:58

    Those look like JD part numbers. A good hyd. shop will take calipers to measure and match them up. I have also heard from a former neighbor, who had a lot of equipment, to get OEM seals as they are less likely to have any problems.

  5. #5CRAFT2015-01-29 02:24

    Sorry "old-iron" ……but THAT is most definitely NOT always true in the world of Seals !!! … more NOT than possible ….. as I found out this past week, bearings always but Seals NO …. I was trying over a week to find 2 Wheel seals for my Bobcat …. with absolutely No Luck …. Bcats own seals and number with NO crossover ….. only by a close measurement was i able to find more commonly used seals As my suppliers, including Motion Ind. told me a manufacturer can easily have a seal produced to their own specific specs, as Bcat did in my case and the number made absolutely no sense to the suppliers either ….. Manufacturers that practice this sort of thing should be Shot With BALLS of their Own **** !!! …. the particular seals I was after, the nearest ones were in Chicago (thru Bobcat dealer) ….. for frigg'n sakes I am on the West Coast !!! …. to top it off this inner seal was quoted to be $186.00, the outer a mear $87.00 + shipping + txs …… because of availability AND 2 weeks lead time from the dealer to get them we managed to find 2 seals @ Motion, over night delivered to the supplier and a short Bus ride to me for $98.00 for both inner and outer …. because of the carnage created by the failure the hard parts are at a machine shop anyways to repair, so the machinist will modify the seats to suit the application ….. Seals are a Goofy thing this was not the first time i've come across this type of issue. From what the OP posted, I'm assuming by the #'s they are hyd cylinder seals, depending on who manufactured the cyl's for JD he may or may not find a crossover by Dimensions only, as I was only last night on a Seal manufacturers web site and found only the OEM numbers (myself, am looking for seals for a JD 4-n-1 bucket cyl's off of a 510 C ) …… odranoel, Google those part numbers you might be surprised what you find out, there may be a cross over for you ….. Good-luck on your search and welcome to HEF !!!

  6. #6old-iron-habit2015-01-29 08:47

    I don't know what I was thinking. I had oil seals in my head, not hydraulic seals. I to have seen some goofy hydraulic seals and have had a couple old cylinders re machined to fit a more common seal when the originals were not available any more.