Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1984 Case 850c Instrument Panel Rebuild

gooldg · 2025-11-23 20:29

Folks, I have decided to rebuild the instrument panel over the winter on my Case Crawler Tractor with backhoe. Has anybody completed this task in the past? Any suggestions on which manufacture I should go with. Case wants almost $2200 dollars for just the gauges. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the following gauges I am trying to replace: Torque Converter Temperature (Mechanical and 24 volt) Transmission Mission Oil Temp (Mechanical and 24 volt) Tachometer (Mechanical and 24 volt) Engine Oil Pressure (Mechanical and 24 volt) Engine Temp (Mechanical and 24 volt) Ammeter (Electrical and 24 volt) Happy Holidays! Grant

Replies4
  1. #1materthegreater2025-11-23 20:59

    Do none of the gauges work?

  2. #2gooldg2025-11-23 22:20

    All work but are in pretty rough shape. Looking at upgrading if possible. No broken glass. The panel is pretty bad. Tach is ok, torque temp and oil pressure are the worse two.

  3. #3Tinkerer2025-11-25 08:34

    There are vendors on Ebay offering gauges that look OEM.

  4. #4Andy K2025-11-25 11:42

    It might take some hunt’n and pecking but there are people out there who rebuild clusters & gauges. My buddy had his Case 830 tractor gauges & cluster rebuilt. Aside from him being to cheap to strip and rechrome all the bezel’s, everything looked brand new when it was done.