Anybody have any remote interest in having these manuals I have here in a box for AC HD 5 crawler, and a book for Detroit 71 series engines? If you pay for the shipping, they're yours...
One more call to action...anyone interested in these Allis Chalmers HD5 manuals, and a Detroit 71 series manual FREE, you just pay shipping? If nobody wants these within the month of December, they're headed to the burn pile.
Can you mail them to the HCEA in Bowling green ?
Somebody will want them and even pay for them.
I certainly can, if someone will provide the mailing address and is willing to pay the shipping.
Until this "second" post about them, there was nothing but crickets chirping. I don't want to see them get trashed by any means...I would prefer that someone wants them to collect or to use. Hopefully someone will step up and let me know sooner than later and I'll be glad to ship them if they pay the freight.
The post office has a special mailer for books, with a special lower "book rate".
Join the HCEA and I'm sure someone would gladly pay the shipping. You need to offer them to the right group of people. That's why you got crickets.
True, but I'm also a busy man...so I was just looking here to see if there'd be someone that would be interested, which it seems there is one particular individual who was, just waiting for his information on where to send the stuff. Not really looking to join yet another association just to offer something to someone that I would like to pass along instead of destroy.
Good to know, thanks. The rates to send things these days isn't very attractive, so that's a good tip.
I bet the BusGreasemonkey would take them, he's got one of those machines.
How hard is it to join a forum that is most likely to have someone interested in your manuals.
Not very, but I have enough forums already and don't hardly have the time to go on them anymore anyway. I have a fellow interested in the manuals now that's going to take them from this forum. That's what I was looking for.
Update; The HD 5 and Detroit 71 series service manuals have been shipped to their new home in Ohio...safe from the Bic lighter and the burn barrel. Thanks Mr. Wrench, for stepping up and taking these old pieces of historical literature. Hated to see them lost forever.