What are the functions of the 3 floor pedals on this machine? Sorry for the newbie questions. Been operating it without using these pedals but nervous I’m not operating correctly. Not used to not having to push in a clutch when going from drive into reverse....
I’m guessing the One on the left is parking brake. And the 2 on the right are a brake and deceleration pedal.? I’ve been using the idle to decelerate when shifting from forward to reverse. Is this ok or will I damage the transmission operating this way?
Double posts cause confusion. I posted a reply to this question in General Industry section. Only because I read that one first.
Thanks again. Hopefully I’m not doing any damage to the trans when going from reverse to drive by only idling down manually. Deceleration pedal doesn’t seem to work so well.
Decelerators are not usually too hard to repair. You will never damage a transmission by shifting it at or near engine idle speed. I ran dozers for years and always decelerated when changing directions. Never ever had a transmission failure.
Yeah. I’ve been idling down to shift form reverse to drive and vise versa. Good to hear it won’t cause damage to the trans. Lemme ask ya, when using the deceleration pedal, once u release the pedal should it automatically return to is original throttle speed? When I tried using the deceleration pedal, it would idle way down but not return... thanks again for helping a newbie out
One is a Decelerator, another is a brake pedal and the third is what Komatsu call an inching pedal, does the same job as a clutch pedal, cant remember if it applies the brakes as well at the end of its stroke, been a fair few yrs since I have anything to do with them. All Komatsus with their direct drive power shift had inching pedals.
Yes, the throttle should return to wide open, unless the hand throttle is not full open. Even tho the hand throttle is in the WOT position it may not be opening the throttle WO on the injector pump. You would have to verify if it is or isn't. Or the decelerator has a linkage or other problem preventing the return to WOT.
Def didn’t have the throttle in the wide open position. Prob half throttle. That would explain it..
If the inching pedal acts the same as a clutch, would it still be ok to move between forward and reverse without using it and only throttling down between direction?
I give u boys a ton of credit... this isn’t nearly as easy as you make it look
The inching pedal does act as a brake when fully applied. They’re good little machines for fine grading and such. We have had ours for years and other than a off the wall fueling issue it had we haven’t had to do much to it. One of the nice things is being able to grade all day and you won’t even burn 20 gallons of fuel
Yes, I never used to use the inching pedal except on the odd occasion, just used to decelerate and change direction that way, they do have a dampener in the drive line that takes the shock out of direction changes. To me the inching pedal seemed more like a 6 inch pedal as it always seemed very abrupt in its operation.
Sounds like the Inching pedal is just a preference then. That’s good to hear. Thanks for the info. Guaranteed I’ll have some more operating questions. Lol. Thanks again