Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1986 Dresser 540 Transmission oil change help?

Mashford · 2025-09-04 11:46

Hello guys and gals, Looking to at least top up the oil in the transmission. It has a sight glass but I can not tell if the oil is above or below it. There is a fill cap on top with no dipstick. Is there a dipstick on it somewhere else? Also if I drain the oil i believe there are screens to clean. Anybody have any info for me?

Replies2
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-09-04 15:31

    My grader has a sight glass. You should see the oil half way on the sight glass when running.

  2. #2maps672025-10-22 15:57

    I had the same issue on mine, the sight glass is tricky to read unless the oil is really clean. No hidden dipstick that I ever found, I just drained and cleaned the screens to be sure. Tutuapp ​