Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1989 Cat 416

satre100 ยท 2015-01-03 12:42

need some advice guys. This will be my second piece of equipment (coming from a Case 1845C) and I don't want to make a dumb decision. I have decided a older Hoe will fit my property and needs better. What do you think of the described unit with a 4 in 1 bucket with 4800 hrs for $17,000? I will be using it to do water systems, a septic system, dig a pond, build a MX track and move heavy stuff. Bing

Replies6
  1. #1satre1002015-01-03 12:44

    my dad wants me to get a 580 case but me being a son I want to get something else

  2. #2Shimmy12015-01-03 13:38

    Not sure where you're located, but a quick search on machinery trader... http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=10440833 Way better machine IMO, there are more.

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2015-01-03 13:39

    I would suggest to look at it very close. Early Cat hoes were known to suffer from many problems. They have improved over the years, but that seems like a lot of money for that old of a Cat.

  4. #4satre1002015-01-03 18:50

    that is all good advice! thank you... I will look at that link. I am buying in the Portland Oregon area if you know of anything better.

  5. #5satre1002015-01-03 18:55

    you guys are right... that is a lot of money considering what else is out there.

  6. #6satre1002015-01-03 19:01

    ok with about 20k what do you guys recommend? ate the cats with 5000-6000 hours of the 96 vintage a better idea?