I replaced the big front mounted hydraulic pump on this tractor in January of 2014---I only use the hoe for my own personal use and that is not a lot. I am getting some oil leak from around the splined shaft that connects the pump to the tractor. MY QUESTION----This pump=RE565679 is a replacement for the original pump--RE33603. There is a hose that goes from the pump back to the transmission area to circulate the hyd. oil. There is a high volume of oil coming out of the pump to be recirculated---is this normal???? I took the hose off and started the tractor and the oil really came out......
There might be a spec for how much oil is normal, I couldn't find one, maybe in the hydraulic pump component manual? which I don't have. There will be oil leaking though the hose, there's a steel sealing ring like a piston ring on the shaft, and then a typical rubber oil seal that you see. Between those is the drain so the oil seal doesn't blow out. If the shaft seems tight, no noticable play, then I'd run it to see if it gets worse. If there's too much play, then the bearings are in trouble.
Thanks Delmer---Any chance you could put a pic of the pump on here and show me the correct port. There are two on that side. It probably is the one closer to the engine. The one towards the front of the pump goes into a hose that returns to the tractor. The one that probably is the excess oil drain is closer to the the engine. I saw a small drip there last summer and capped it off----MISTAKE????????
I don't have a 410 so mine might be different. The oil drain is a smaller diameter hose that goes back to the reservoir, back of the transmission case on mine. I'd guess it flows at least a cup a minute? I don't have any idea what the open port would be?