Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1990 massey ferguson 60hx fluids?

venison · 2013-10-24 21:47

looking to change hydraulic and transmission oils but biggest problem is I don't have any idea what brand/type fluids are in the machine now. I have read it can be real bad to mix certain types of fluids, so was going to try to get some ** permatran, thinking that i might get lucky in terms of compatibility with whatever is in there now but no one around here (front range, co) has ever even heard of permatran much less stocks it... my manual specs iso vg 46 (din 51524) for hydr. and 10w-30 universal oil (API cd/se) for tranny and engine, but i'm assuming i don't want rotella in my tranny... since I can't find permatran, was thinking of using JD hy-guard (from JD website: Hy-Gard oil has a viscosity between the ISO grades of 46 and 68 @ 40°C) for my hydraulic oil and something like CASTROL AGRI MP PLUS 10W-30 for my tranny... anyone have any advice? words of wisdom? many thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.