Going to look at purchasing a cat d6e from the 90s. Can’t find much of anything on these machines. Are the parts interchangeable with the d6d which I know is very prevalent and was made for a long time. From what I can find the d6e was only made for a few years. Any insight into the d6e would be greatly appreciated. I do see it had about 10% more hp that d6d
I could be very wrong here,but they didn’t seem to be that many around the UK that I recall,but I guess it was down to the fact that the mighty and indestructible D6H climbed out of bed one morning and changed the world forever. In saying that,a few are still in existence and I think they were sound enough. However,bear in mind that Cat may of produced some form or other of the D6E for different global markets and the parts may not be interchangeable? Tread with caution and do your research on the serial number before you buy it.
From what I understand the D6E were 7 roller track frames and 155hp. Essentially made for third world countries. It was replaced by the D6G and that has been replaced by a new version of the D6H for third world countries. All 3306 powered.
I might be wrong but afaik D6E was a brazillian produced machine. Don,t 'think' ?? it was made in any other country. D6D 31X were still made in Japan up until 1996. D7G 65V were made in japan too up to around 2006. Not sure where D6G was made, Brazil ? D6G-2 is a chinese built machine
From what I can see you are correct. It was produced in two S/N prefixes, 2MJ (1989-on) & 8FJ (1991-on). Series I of the D6G was built in either Brazil under the 3SR-prefix (1997-on) or in Japan under the BWJ-prefix (2003-on)
So does that mean parts for the d6e are going to be hard to come by in the us?
I did find an operation and maintenance manual that covers both d6d and d6e tractors.
Not necessarily. Parts are parts, all the dealer asks for is a Part Number. His system doesn't care what machine it fits. Your photo above of the Operation & Maintenance Manual. Just because a number of models appear on the cover doesn't necessarily make them identical mechnically. Similar I would guess, but not identical. The one thing all four models have in common is they are Brazilian-built.