Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Furukawa FD45 Dozer transmission leak at input shaft

Equineguy ยท 2025-09-02 21:31

Hi yall... I have a 1950's dozer that has an active leak while its running at the input (drive?) shaft to the transmission. Its a steady drip when it runs, I would say maybe 1-2ml a minute of transmission fluid. I would imagine its from the seal. The dozer runs great, moves forward and reverse through all gears, turns left, but does not turn right ( not sure if that related - could be a whole other issue ). What confuses me, is that it has power to both tracks and drives straight. Anyhoot... does anyone know how difficult of a task it would be to fix this leak/replace the seal? Thanks!!

Replies1
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-09-03 09:28

    Not sure how much room you have but that looks like a straight forward seal replacement. Remove driveshaft and use a pick or sheetrock screw to pop out old seal. Clean up shaft, with some scotch brite and pop on new seal.