Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1991 Cat 426 loader controls

465stroker ยท 2015-10-24 19:29

My new to me with 7000 hours bucket controls work great for up, down, tilt BUT curl is very slow unless I really force the stick and it works well. Linkage seems a bit worn at all the rod ends so I am wondering if this is a common problem and if so which one of not all. Thanks for looking.

Replies7
  1. #1Cmark2015-10-24 20:23

    Sounds like you might be fighting the self-leveling mechanism if it is fitted. Is there a rod and linkages running down the RH(?) side of the loader frame? If so, check there's nothing bent/seized anywhere. The purpose of it is to make the bucket tilt as the arms are raised. If you don't have it, material will spill out of the back of the bucket when the arms are all the way up and you'll find yourself sharing the cab with your load.

  2. #2465stroker2015-10-24 20:54

    Yes I have that self leveler. I'll take a peek at it tomorrow to see if anything is bent

  3. #3Shimmy12015-10-24 21:04

    By the looks of your pic, I'd say Cmark is right on the money. Looks like the linkage is a little out of adjustment.

  4. #4465stroker2015-10-24 21:05

    I just ordered my service manual. Can you guys give me the downlow to adjust it?

  5. #5465stroker2015-10-24 21:38

    I'm also finding possible resolver issues could be it?

  6. #6Shimmy12015-10-24 21:59

    I used to run a 446B. That linkage rod looks all bent to hell. But, after thinking about this, the bent rod should only affect the leveling of the bucket. From fully dumped to at least level, it should work normally unless your linkage is tight.

  7. #7465stroker2015-10-24 22:55

    It sure does after looking at few online pictures. I guess I need to know adjustment procedure to see if it was readjusted