Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1993 1150e Case

JR Clark · 2020-12-18 17:03

Hello I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this dozer I’ve been told it has a suction screen for transmission and I have yet to find it

Replies38
  1. #1JR Clark2020-12-18 17:08

    A little bit more info on this dozer is it was set up for 20 years but was in working condition when parked checked fluids new filters a some fuel and fired right up everything works but won’t track it tries to but then stops almost as if the breaks are locked up but there not

  2. #2Vetech632020-12-18 17:17

    Its all the way down at the bottom of the machine, right under the floorboard. You will need to removed the mid-belly pan to access it.

  3. #3JR Clark2020-12-18 17:26
  4. #4JR Clark2020-12-18 17:27

    I’ve got the belly pan off been under it can’t find it

  5. #5Dave Neubert2020-12-18 17:37

    I don't know if it has a neturalizer pedal the loaders did if it does make sure it is not stuck or hanging up

  6. #6alrman2020-12-18 17:51

    The screen is located between the transmission & convertor. There is an emergency cable brake system consisting of two cables - one from the park brake lever & another from the 3rd (closest to accelerator) brake pedal - Be sure they are both moving freely as it's possible one of them is seized & holding the brakes on.

  7. #7JR Clark2020-12-18 18:02

    Brakes are moving freely and there’s a filter under the floor board you have to remove belly pan I have replaced I’m guessing that’s what everyone is calling the screen

  8. #8alrman2020-12-18 18:09

    When you say the "brakes are moving freely" - do you mean the LH & RH pedals? They will always move freely as they simply move the brake spools in the control valve. What do the tracks look like? are they very rusty? Could be some tight pins & bushes??

  9. #9JR Clark2020-12-18 18:19

    I’ve sprayed the breaks with pb blaster where the cables connect they aren’t seized up yes the tracks are rusted but we winched it off of the truck tracks roll free so I’m just kinda lost on it and I’m not no dozer mechanic but it’s setting there rusting down so I figured I would mess with it some

  10. #10Vetech632020-12-18 18:52

    Do you have oil pressure on your transmission pressure gauge? Does the pressure stay the same when you shift into forward and reverse?

  11. #11Vetech632020-12-18 18:54

    What do the tracks look like? are they very rusty? Could be some tight pins & bushes?? Very well could be if it has sat for 20 years.

  12. #12JR Clark2020-12-18 18:55

    No I don’t have psi on gauge but I read somewhere on this model it has to be engaged to trans psi

  13. #13Vetech632020-12-18 18:59

    It should have pressure on the gauge as long as the engine is running from what I remember

  14. #14JR Clark2020-12-18 19:03

    It doesn’t but I have cracked the line going to the trans gage and it has fluid coming out of it

  15. #15Vetech632020-12-18 19:07

    You can remove the floor plate and watch the driveshaft. It will be spinning while in neutral. Engage forward and it should lock up or stop. Add throttle and see if it slips (starts turning) without track movement......do the same in reverse. If it spins in gear without track movement then it could be a number of things. If it stays locked and the engine is pulling down under the load, then your rails are probably frozen up at the internal pin and bushing area.

  16. #16JR Clark2020-12-18 19:12

    Well it’s spins the entire time I wonder if it’s not going into gear

  17. #17Vetech632020-12-18 19:16

    Not if it spins all the time, even when you have selected forward or reverse. Sounds like you have an oil pressure issue of some type.

  18. #18JR Clark2020-12-18 19:24

    So could that be a easy fix it are take to the shop it was fully operational when it was parked

  19. #19Vetech632020-12-18 19:26

    A lot can happen when sitting for 20 years. You could have a suction leak from a hose rotting in that amount of time.

  20. #20JR Clark2020-12-18 19:39

    It doesn’t have any leaks on it there might be a valve stuck but I couldn’t find it

  21. #21JR Clark2020-12-18 20:43

    Does anyone know if the charge pump could have lost prime for setting up so long and that could be the problem

  22. #22Vetech632020-12-18 21:07

    Possibly. Have you checked the transmission oil level and whether there is any oil leak under the machine if it sits overnight or a couple of days? That’s a good sign of a suction leak in those systems.

  23. #23alrman2020-12-18 21:22

    I think you need to give us a little more information here, more answers = more specific help "it tries to" drive? - is it going into gear at all? Are the tracks attempting to move? The transmission pressure gauge doesn't show pressure at any time at all?? - even when you engage both RH & LH into LOW FWD? - is it still connected? The driveshaft is spinning in neutral - with high RPM? spinning as a blur? or slowly? Did you actually remove the suction screen & clean it/ replace it?? Was anything in there? - metal? bronze? fibre?

  24. #24JR Clark2020-12-18 21:28

    Yes the drive shaft spins when you idle it up spins faster when you go to track if jumps maybe 2 r 3 inches trans gage doesn’t move at all shows zero psi at all times there’s no leaks it’s full of transmission fluid as far as the screen everyone is talking about I can’t find I have changed the filter under the floor board had to pull the belly pan to do so

  25. #25JR Clark2020-12-18 21:30

    This is the filter I changed under the floor this isn’t the screen I wouldn’t think

  26. #26alrman2020-12-18 21:41

    Ah, The filter under the floor has me confused. It is a screen - but only usually used on 1150H?? You're absolutely certain this machine is an 'E' - confirmed by PIN/Serial tag?

  27. #27JR Clark2020-12-18 21:47

    I’m positive it’s a 1150e and filter is in under floor board right hand side

  28. #28JR Clark2020-12-18 21:49

    Everyone I have talked to has said the screen needs to be pulled and cleaned but can’t no one tell me where it’s at I’m not saying it’s not there I just can’t find it and I believe it’s a fluid restriction

  29. #29JR Clark2020-12-18 21:52
  30. #30alrman2020-12-18 21:52

    Have you any other pics? Operators compartment? OOPs beat me to the post - certainly looks like an E......

  31. #31JR Clark2020-12-18 22:02

    Naw I don’t have any pics of it but I know it doesn’t have any leaks it might have a collapse hose is what I’m thinking are may pump has lost prime just picking people brains with more knowledge about this than me greatly appreciate the replies

  32. #32alrman2020-12-18 22:03

    Someone has modified this machine - as that filter definitely doesn't belong to the E series..... just wondering why? & what else has been played with?

  33. #33JR Clark2020-12-18 22:10

    Alrman I believe this is the filter that’s under the floor board pic of what you posted like I said idk know much about a dozer

  34. #34alrman2020-12-18 22:12

    No, that's what you should have, - but certainly not what you replaced in the other picture.

  35. #35alrman2020-12-18 22:16

    Those dozer pics are of your machine, correct?

  36. #36JR Clark2020-12-18 22:17

    No that’s not my dozer in the pics but mine is identical to it

  37. #37JR Clark2020-12-18 22:19

    I will get some pics of it 2 morrow

  38. #38Vetech632020-12-18 23:30

    You may have that b*****d retrofit kit installed. There was a replacement spin on filter that was supposed to replace the canister housing assembly. It would screw on in place of the screen assembly and the housing, was supposed to be a better set-up I never used it.