Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1993 Case 580 Super K Clam shell cylinder Question

Ronald Edmon ยท 2020-02-24 17:25

The left hand bucket Cylinder (1346190C1) started leaking and I have ordered a seal kit. I had a heck of a time loosening the Hex nut on the piston. Took two of us on a 1" breaker bar and 5 foot pipe extension to break loose the 1 1/2" Hex bolt. Anyone know what it will need to be torqued back to when I reseal the cylinder? Thanks, Ron

Replies3
  1. #1mikebramel2020-02-24 21:22

    3/4" impact and red thread locker

  2. #2Ronald Edmon2020-02-24 21:31

    Well, I only have a 1/2" impact. Guess it will have to be the same way going on with threadlocker as it came off. Thanks, Ron

  3. #3mikebramel2020-02-24 21:52

    If its a good one that will be enough. Make sure to clean the threads.... gives the best opportunity for the thread locker to work