Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1993 Hitachi EX-120-2 Primer Pump

MarineBoy · 2025-08-21 18:04

I'm having a hard time finding a primer pump part for this machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's an Izuzu motor. I attached the pictures of the plaque and parts. I"m looking for a part number or a link to a replacement part.

Replies11
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-08-21 19:08

    Fuel feed pump, Isuzu # 8973572650 subs for # 8941327070 . Hand primer pump, Isuzu # 1157610061 subs for # 8941311300 .

  2. #2Universal Parts2025-08-22 02:38

    You're wrong. 8973572650 Isuzu 4BG1 engine, suitable for the EX120-5 and EX130 1157610061 Isuzu 6HK1 engine, suitable for the stylish Hitachi ZAX330-3 and ZAX350-3 The poster's PO part number is 105220-4932, Isuzu 4BD1 engine, suitable for the EX90, EX100, EX100-2, EX100-3, EX120, EX120, EX120-2, and EX120-3 models. Original Japanese price: 63.1 USD

  3. #3thepumpguysc2025-08-22 09:52

    Contact any Bosch injection shop and give’m the p#.. They can rebuild it at their shop or order a new one.. it costs about the same so ur not saving money getting it repaired.. Check the inlet banjo bolt below the hand primer.. they normally have a plastic filter screen in them that gets clogged. Good luck

  4. #4MarineBoy2025-08-23 09:27

    Thank you!! I googled 105220-4932. The part is showing in multiple places with that exact number. I know I'm going to sound dumb, but, if the part looks the same and has the same number, it should fit? I'm new to this!! This is what I found: https://www.fridayparts.com/zexel-f...for-isuzu-engine-4db1-hitachi-excavator-ex100

  5. #5thepumpguysc2025-08-23 21:33

    That’ll work.. Did u notice the banjo bolt to the right.. u can see the filter in the center.. have u checked yours.??

  6. #6Universal Parts2025-08-23 22:14

    They look similar. The parts in this part need to match different engine models. You can contact the supplier on the website first. If you don’t get a response, I can purchase it on your behalf.

  7. #7Tones2025-08-24 03:42

    Those primer pumps are as simple as. Last time I got a kit it cost about 10 bucks, postage was 12 bucks. That was in Australia so the price is about double of what you pay. 45mins pump off, kit installed, pump back on, fuel system primed and engine running.. PS if you're in a hurry to get this going, take the nylon plungers out, give the face a rub on an oil stone and refit. Pitting on those faces is why they stop working properly, usually

  8. #8MarineBoy2025-08-24 07:38

    Thanks! I didn't know that was the banjo bolt! I'm brand new to this! It looks like the banjo bolt is part of that assembly. If I change the pump, that should fix any banjo bolt issues?

  9. #9MarineBoy2025-08-24 07:46

    Is this the banjo bolt?

  10. #10MarineBoy2025-08-24 07:47

    Is this the banjo bolt?

  11. #11thepumpguysc2025-08-24 09:39

    The one with the filter is below the hand primer… the inlet line.