So I tore a fan belt(s) today running the Backhoe (94 Sitemaster 4x4 with AC) So I see that I need 3 2elts total, 1 smaller drive belt for the AC (which is beat up but still in tact), and 2 larger (same size) belts for the fan. I have two questions: 1) Since this thing does not really have AC (All the glass was vandalized years ago) Do I "need" the smaller drive belt that pumps the AC? I can't for the life of me remove the (4) 10mm bolts on the front of the fan which I will have to do for the smaller belt, but access is a B$ich. I think I can get the larger belt around it if I had to, I already removed the lower shaft for the Hyd Pump. If I have to have the smaller belt any hints on removing the fan? 2) Do these two larger belts PN 01/124405 come as a pair? http://ontrackmachinery.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=32462 -On the website it says (pair) but does that mean it includes 2 belts? Or saying I need two? I mean for 20.00 I figure its just one belt. I will just get a number off the belt and get one at Napa auto parts probably. Thanks!:notworthy
Leave the a/c belt off, it's good to run the a/c but if all the glass is damaged I would just leave it off. I just put a set on the 214 at work, they came in a matched set from jcb. Most belt producers now have better control of quality when it comes to belts now, would still have them matched if possible. It is tight getting those bolts out of the fan but do able. The big set can be worked over the fan blade while turning the fan by hand, just be easy with the rad core. I keep a couple sledge handles/bush hook handles to loosen those pump drive bolts with to start with.
Great info thanks