Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1995 Volvo L180 Transmission pressure error

zlssefi ยท 2019-02-19 06:42

Plowing during this last storm, the transmission pressure error message came up on the contronic screen. I scrolled through the menu and it showed the transmission pressure going from normal to error. The machine ran, shifted and pushed fine and eventually the message went away. Oil was normal height on the stick, no stink to the oil either. Think its a sensor flaking out, or should i have volvo run some pressure tests?

Replies8
  1. #1funwithfuel2019-02-19 06:55

    It was probably struggling with the cold. You're using engine oil in the trans, right?

  2. #2zlssefi2019-02-19 06:57

    15w40 yes. It was about 30 degrees while we were plowing. Two weeks prior we were plowing at minus10 with no error codes. Transmission temp was 157.

  3. #3funwithfuel2019-02-19 07:01

    I'd check sensor connections, followed by sensor. Its digital, so it says to the computer , hey, everything's fine or oh no, I'm dying!. No in between.

  4. #4Vetech632019-02-19 07:01

    Have you tried a new filter? Pressure error could mean low or high.

  5. #5funwithfuel2019-02-19 07:04

    Yeah, what he said

  6. #6zlssefi2019-02-19 07:05

    Filter was replaced about 200 hours ago, but i do have one on the shelf.....i think ill drop it and cut it open.

  7. #7zlssefi2019-02-19 07:08

    Can the sensor be checked with a multi meter ? what ohm values should i be looking for?

  8. #8Vetech632019-02-19 07:14

    It depends on the type of sensor and what the values are. I have run into sensors that getting the setting parameters was impossible.