Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Perkins/PT 100 turbo gone @ 600hrs.

ironjunkie ยท 2013-04-18 21:12

This is for a good buddy of mine, he (see title) but is out of warranty as far as time goes. He is the orig owner & I don't know if he's been in touch with the dealer. I occasionally see posts here about Perkins, but at the time, I was not aware of his trroubles, & did not read them. Is there problems with Perkins engines & any suggestions on the turbo situaton?

Replies3
  1. #1Digdeep2013-04-18 23:15

    That 4.4L engine is a good engine and is still used in CAT backhoes and telehandlers. I would have your buddy talk to his local dealer about a low hour turbo failure even though his machine is out of warranty. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

  2. #2durallymax2013-04-19 10:38

    I'd be looking into why it failed to make sure you do not ruin a new one immediately. If it is just out of warranty, talk to the dealer. YOu can get a lot of them to help you out with enough pushing. If nothing else they will at least go down to their cost.

  3. #3MrKomatsu2013-06-17 19:06

    Can any one her help me with valve clearances on a1004c-4tl engine? I think its a 100 series..any help will be appreceaited