Machine is on a parking lot for winter plowing, rear wiper motor does not work. We are going to test the motor for power, I have already checked the fuse. Do switches go bad? Its the turn knob on the pillar. Anything else I should check before I rip out the headliner? Thanks Matt
Yes, the most common problem is the switch at the upper left edge of the glass is not being pushed up far enough often because the latch is not latched properly, get a screwdriver and push the switch up and see if the wiper runs.
Melben hit it right. That switch has to be made and often lets it stop just from bouncing too much.
Don't remove the headliner - you get to the wiper motor assembly from behind the rear worklights
I really pressed hard on the switch today, but nothing happened, I guess I might try to access the motor from the rear, we had bad sleet and I couldn't see in reverse in the dark this morning One other dumb thing I notice, the hour meter is spinning way faster than it should, I got it with 6300 on it and now its 6307, I have not used it more than 2 hours since I have it.
Take a 12V test light and see if you have juice on both sides of switch with it depressed. Lot easier than pulling the motor. No clue on the hour meter. Mine works but the tach don't. Never bothered me as I seldom run much over 3/4 throttle. Check that the wiper arm is free.