Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2003 JCB 214 Backhoe Hours Cluster Not Working

machineoperator · 2013-01-10 12:20

My 2003 JCB Backhoe central hours cluster is not working. Does anyone know what I might be able to do to get it working again or maybe replace it. Any help is appreciated Thank you.

Replies3
  1. #1Totallyplant2013-01-10 13:45

    Do you mean the hours clock? If so, this is usually connected to the alternator circuit so it could be a wiring problem.

  2. #2machineoperator2013-01-10 14:56

    Yes the hours clock. Thanks for replying. My tachometer that controls the rpm works fine, but the digital hr's clock is blank. I called the dealer and they said it would cost around $465.00 for a new cluster and that it would start counting at 0 hrs. I think I can do without the hrs clock at that price. Just was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem/fix. Thanks for your input I will double check the wiring to the alternator circuit.

  3. #3d4c24a2013-01-10 15:08

    common fault with these with no fix i believe , new clock is around £150 - 200 uk pounds you could wire in a separate hour meter to keep track for servicing etc