I have the above lift, and have owned it for about 5 years. The serial number is z-45-007082. It's a Deutz diesel. Aside from replacing some hoses, everything has been working fairly well until recently. The engine starts and runs fine initially, and when you press the foot pedal or function enable switch, the engine goes to high idle. But after a couple of seconds at high idle, the idle drops back to low and you have to stop and restart to get it back. Once the idle drops, the functions still work, but slowly. I opened the ground control box, and had one of my guys start and run the machine while I watched the LEDs on the ignition control module. The LEDs come on, but when the idle drops, all but the power LED go out. So I replaced the ignition module, and the new one does the same thing. I have the manual on my laptop, but haven't had any luck finding a troubleshooting chart that covers this. Any help would be great! Thanks.
High Idle Issue Check the high idle solenoid.
I replaced all (7 I think) relays in the ground box, and the problem still happens. The platform controls still work, but you have to bump the starter switch over to get the thing to idle back up. It's really starting to be a pain in the butt.
Your losing power to the module weather it be the high throttle is shorting and back feeding the ecm, your high throttle is on the side of the engine and pulls the lever on the side of the pump, should be three wires one ground one 12 volt excite and 12 volt hold disconnect the high throttle and tie the throttle back and operate if it does and doesnt kill the lights on the ecm then your wires going to the throttle are shorted or a bad high throttle actuator is bad if it does, we will go from there .... Shaun
Thank you for your help! So, the idle solenoid has 2 wires, brown(ground), and (black/red)power which lights up the test light when I hit the function enable switch. I unplugged both wires and the ECM still lost power, so I unplugged the idle solenoid wire inside the ground control box to eliminate the possibility that another wire inside the loom is back feeding, and it still lost power. I did re-read my initial post, and I was not very clear that the ECM loses power both at high and low idle. The engine doesn't seem to give a fault (at least the led doesn't light up). I unplugged both the oil temp and oil press sensors and it still did the same thing. If I bump over the starter switch, it seems to reset the ECM and I can get another 10 seconds out of it. The problem is, I have ground the starter gear a couple of times which isn't good. When the machine first starts up, it seems to run longer before the ECM loses power, then the more it runs, the more often it loses power. So, I'm not sure what's next? I guess I could chase down the rest of the wires on the ECM and check that they're not back feeding. Things that I have done to the machine: - jumper wire for the fuel solenoid because the wire in the loom didn't have a full 12v and wasn't opening the fuel rail -Battery cutoff switch in engine bay -new alternator within the last year -new starter within the last year. -new ECM a couple of weeks ago -all new relays in the ground control box
Ok that gives me more info , by the way ditch the test light buy a digital meter. Does the ground controls operate ok ? With the ecm ? At high throttle ? Has any non factory wiring been added , anything cut, bypassed? With the power staying on the ecm elinated power and ground problem Is it the F4L2011 duetz in there ?
1997 z42/22 Sould be a deutz F3L1011 in a 97,it uses a basic high engine solinoid....if its pulling on then dropping out I call linkage adjustment....if they are not allowed to pull all the way in the get VERY hot and either trip the breaker or burn up....simple troubleshoot put a meter on it and see if voltage is present when it drops out...if its still there adjust and repeat
Sorry I am just getting back to this, I didn't use my lift much over the winter. I have been fiddling with it today, and I think I need to clarify a few things if anyone is still paying attention to this thread: First off, I took the jumper wire off of the fuel solenoid and hooked it back to the original wiring. I don't remember why I originally jumpered it, but I think that the fuel solenoid wouldn't shut off. Anyway, now that the fuel solenoid is hooked up right, the engine does NOT stay running. The symptoms are: Engine start, run for 5-10 seconds, dies. The ecm lights go out except for #7. When I RE-hook my fuel solenoid jumper I notice 2 things- 1) the back studs on the alternator (not the battery wire, but the other terminals) drop to 0v, even though the engine is running. Is this normal? I would think that they would still produce power. Or maybe this is the problem? The alternator is new last year. 2) the controls still work. The function enable switch still works, and the machine booms slowly because the engine is running at low idle. So, I'm not sure where to look now. Maybe the alternator? Maybe something I'm overlooking? Help, Jake