I bought a 96 model 550G LGP awhile ago and everything I read on the motor specs says this motor is 80 HP and naturally aspirated (meaning NO turbo, right?) My machine has a turbo and when your really shoving and hit the decel you can sure here it whistle back at ya. Just wondered about this.
My research on the G series shows that only the 450G had a non turbo option and that was with direct drive only. Both the 550G and 650G only came with the turbo engine. We just bought a 1997 650G.
hmm, ok. Was just poking around Ritchie Specs today looking at excavator weights an pulled up my dozer and it said Naturally Aspirated.
Yeah, Ritchie Specs is known for being wrong.
Thanks for the heads up.
Glen: I found the info that I mentioned on a 5 page three column specification sheet info on the 450G, 550G and the 650G. It was John Deere produced info. The information was specifically useful to understand what undercarriages (standard, long and LGP) were available on which dozers.
It is very possible that the original engine was changed out and a used engine installed. I see that in D6 and D7 tractors all the time.
hmm, well who knows. All I know is that the whole dozer runs/operates/looks like a brand new one.
Have you had any time to get picts of her yet?