Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1997 Bobcat 331

ABD ยท 2014-12-29 12:34

Does anyone know how to change the controls from an older back hoe style operation to a newer style track hoe control on this 331 Bobcat excavator??????????????????????

Replies10
  1. #1willie592014-12-29 20:18

    Unless someone has removed it, there's a lever at the base of the right console to change control pattern. (red arrow)

  2. #2ABD2014-12-30 09:03

    Thanks for the reply. However that machine must be newer than mine . Just saying that because I can not find the lever or even anywhere it would hook to a valve under the floor board.

  3. #3willie592014-12-30 20:57

    Maybe on old X331, more of a squared off machine body than the newer models. I don't have any manuals on that machine.

  4. #4ABD2014-12-31 10:28

    Ok thank you sir...

  5. #5spitzair2015-01-03 16:32

    Sorry I'm a bit late but I believe the older 300 series machines have the switch under the panel on the right hand side of the machine that covers the valve bank... I remember seeing it in an old promotional video eons ago... Hope that helps.

  6. #6willie592015-01-03 17:54

    It's worth a look. I found this from a manual on X337/X341 machines, maybe similar to the X331, pattern selector behind this panel. >

  7. #7ABD2015-01-05 14:50

    Thank u I will check..

  8. #8spitzair2015-01-07 10:53

    Any luck?

  9. #9ABD2015-01-07 11:38

    From looking at your picture it appears that is on either a lot newer or just bigger machine. Mine has a fuel and hydraulic tank blocking the view of that panel. I can see inside from the other side and can not find any valves that will help me. Thanks again.

  10. #10ABD2015-01-11 20:59

    Well I was able to get a manual and I figured out which of the four joystick control hyd. Hoses to swap around and now she digs like a normal excavator. Now does anyone know how I can tell if the the two main control valves that go to the tracks is bad? The machine will track it is just very slow. I tried to adjust but it appears either the valve is bad or the pressure screw is screwed all the way in? The book tells how to test with gauges but I don't have any access to gauges....Thanks for any reply......