Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1997 JCB 2CX loader/backhoe won’t move.

gajim ยท 2012-01-30 13:52

I have a 1997 JCB 2CX loader/backhoe with 2,200 hours on it. I did not use the machine for four months and now it won't move. It operated fine when parked. It cranks and runs fine, all the hydraulics work(front bucket, rear bucket, stabilizers), all the electronics work, but it will not move. The transmission oil pressure light is on and the alarm is sounding. The machine will not move in forward or reverse gear. It will not even budge. I checked the fuses as well as the transmission oil level and everything is fine. I figured there may be a stuck valvle or something somewhere so I moved the machine around with the rear bucket. Still no love. Any ideas?

Replies14
  1. #1jimg9842012-01-30 14:25

    my 1st place to look would be at the wiring,,,,,mice/rats

  2. #2gajim2012-01-31 16:34

    We have got field mice getting into stuff so I'll check that. Thanks!

  3. #3skata2012-02-05 23:08

    parking brake switch may be stuck? its definetly electrical. check fuses too.

  4. #4d4c24a2012-02-06 15:22

    drain the transmission and torque ,remove the suction strainer ,and filter and see what its like just been going over the same sort of thing on another forum on a 3cx

  5. #5gajim2012-02-09 18:38

    That was the problem. The micro screen was clogged. Thanks for the tip. I appreciate all the advice,

  6. #6abacus20202014-10-03 09:45

    I have the same problem with mine where will I find the micro screen

  7. #7Jaxo2014-10-08 14:22

    You can find it at the bottom of the transmission. 2 Small bolts holds the oval cover.

  8. #8abacus20202014-10-09 02:59

    thank you Jaxo I'll look when it stops raining

  9. #9abacus20202014-10-15 13:33

    I have lost the drive on my jcb 3cx, I have changed the transmission fluid and cleaned the strainer but still no drive, anyone any ideas please

  10. #10d4c24a2014-10-15 15:35

    how old is it , manual or electric shuttle

  11. #11abacus20202014-10-16 03:10

    my machine is 1987 how would I find out if its manual or electric shuttle

  12. #12abacus20202014-10-17 03:44

    1987 and its electric shuttle

  13. #13firstOffTheBike2024-12-30 17:05

    Recently had an issue with my 1991 2cx not moving forward or back. Replaced the suction strainer and oil filter and oil and that got it moving again. Strainer was pretty blocked. Adding post as may provide useful information to others who might have similar issue.

  14. #14ttman42025-01-04 21:01

    In 2019 I bought a 1988 JCB 1700B that ran nicely, sounded good, hydraulics all worked nicely, etc, etc. However I knew nothing at all about JCB equipment. Also it would not move forward or reverse. Hired it loaded and hauled to my shop. My Son & I flushed out the Hydraulic System and new hydraulic oil. Flushed the Synchro Shuttle Transmission, the strainer screen, new spin on filter everything. The machine still wouldn't move forward or backwards. Finally my son saw in the Service Manual we were given with the machine, to pull the 12 volt magnetic solenoid off top rear of Shuttle, clean it and reinstall it. We did and the machine started moving correctly ever since.