I have only had this truck for a few months so I don’t know a whole lot about it yet. The head lights worked when I first got it. They do not now, they come on but just barely. I replaced the switch. Also my horn doesn’t work now and I found that most of the relays on the passenger side dash click. Like the horn when pressed, the turns signals and flasher, the brake relay when I apply the brakes. I went and bought a few new relays but that didn’t change anything. Any help would be much appreciated
Welcome to the HEF! She sounds like a helluva rig. I bet She can haul the mail. Six in the hole and ready to pull. Where I live, it’s daylight 24/7. Land of the midnight sun. I don’t have to turn my headlights on until September. But, in this case, I would check the chassis grounds for the headlights and the pigtails for the bubs. Probably corroded. You’ll probably find some old repairs, scotch-loks, butt-connectors, wire nuts, and who knows what else. Just roll up your sleeves and dig in. Keep us posted.
We like our 1990 International 4900 dump truck with DT466. When we first got it, for the first few years we were always fixing small things. We replaced the Instrument cluster and cleaned up wiring and connections. The mice had moved in and screwed things up. Also, everything in the dash was dirty and corroded with mice nest. Even in the blower fan and vents etc.
There should be a fuse relay box under the dash on the left side near the door frame. If you post the last eight of the VIN I might be able to give you the wiring manual.
Maybe stick to one thread.
Sorry this is the first forum I have ever posted to. Whatever I did sorry if I ended up on different threads. I have literally been googling for months what it could be and finally decide to join and ask. Don’t know what I’m doing, my bad
It's all good, it just splits attention. Good luck on the hunt. By the way, do you know how to measure voltage drop? Do you have a voltmeter?