I bought a Bobcat 442 from Surfwood supply in Kamloops BC last winter and have had no end of problems with it. The thumb would not bite down on the bucket that was on when the thumb was installed, the fluids were not topped up nor was the engine oil changed. I hauled the machine 1200 miles to my location and have run it about 50 hr, the next big problem i found was that a front idler was completely sloped out. The idler was no doubt loose when they shipped it to me.... I am not getting anywhere talking to them. I want to buy the parts and rebuild the idler myself.... all they can do seems to be sell me the idler and return spring assembly for 3000 plus tax. This is a steel track machine, i have found aftermarket idlers for rubber track machine but not for mine. Does anyone have any ideas were to get the parts to rebuild this one or should i just blow the 3 grand. Thanks
Try Vancouver TracParts 604-468-7828
Thanks, tried them but their first batch is 8 weeks out.
Try Dominon Equipment 877-828-7785 they have allways helped get me what i need.
I believe that the Bobcat 442 is the same as a Terex HR32 and a Ingersol Rand ZX75, all built in Europe by Schraff. If I remember right there was a similar post early this year for someone looking for parts for these. Do a search for Bobcat 442 and see what they found.
You're not the only one that is disgruntled with the underhanded and shady dealings with that location .... unless you've got a fat wallet, after sales service virtually does not exist, even if it was a brand new unit. Heads are going to spin soon there ....the same corporation that owns Williams equipment now owns Surfwood ..... hence the recent name change from Surfwood Supply to Surfwood Equipment ...... as we are not the only ones not satisfied, and have called and tore a strip off of some poor guy that answered the phone at BCat customer service, the hammer is coming down soon The rumor mill also says that Bcat Country, down in Abbistan, has also just been bought out (beginning of Aug) by the same corp that owns the other 2 chains .... that will take effect by this fall Its pretty bad when you buy a new machine from the boys in Kamloops, and get better parts and service over the phone from the other dealers..... just a minor eg: I had an electrical problem with my machine ..... phoned that dealer and talked to their head tech ..... after I asked what could be the issue the mechanic replied "What do you want me to do fix your machine over the phone ? " and hung up .....hmmmmmmm ......I live over 3 hrs from that location Good-Luck with your 442 ....you'll figure it out
Well that`s about what i expected to hear.... Thanks CRAFT. And the best part is I talked to them yesterday and they just put me off again, they are sure good at buck passing. Anyway I dumped the track off last night and got a better look at things and found that i have bigger problems. It looks like the inside of the track frame behind the idler is bent about .75 inch in away from the idler allowing the slide on idler to almost pop out of its track. Anyway Now i have a bigger problem that i have to fix as well as rebuild the idler. I wish i had never even darkened their doors that`s for sure.
I had the same thing happen to mine with the idler . The wait time was 3 months last fall to get one so i took it to a machine shop and they rebuilt it for me but i now need to grease it but it was 2500 cheaper than a whole new assembly. I have also had a bottom roller fall apart after sitting for the winter and found one at Pentom Parts good prices seems like good quality and easy to deal with . I have a complete front idler assembly that came in after i repaired the other one ,new still in the crate if your in a pinch . http://www.miniexcavatorparts.com/productcart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=60