Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

1999 Volvo truck with Volvo engine

BDUB86 · 2025-11-12 16:49

Check engine fluid/shutdown engine lights randomly randomly coming on/sensor has been replaced/ harness somewhat checked. Any knowledge of how the circuit works

Replies8
  1. #1stinky642025-11-12 17:33

    Which engine, which truck, what's the VIN, anything besides "my truck is broke"?

  2. #2Truck Shop2025-11-12 18:24

    Which sensor? coolant?

  3. #3BDUB862025-11-12 18:58

    Truck is a 1994 Volvo Volvo engine also, can get more info tomorrow. I thought I had all the info earlier on here but may have did something wrong

  4. #4BDUB862025-11-12 18:59

    1999 Volvo truck

  5. #5BDUB862025-11-12 19:00

    Coolant level sensor in the coolant tank is what I’m being told the light on the dash is referring to/ it has been replaced

  6. #6Truck Shop2025-11-12 19:40

    Unplug coolant sensor and use a paper clip to trick it and see if light goes out, strictly a chance, but also check that connection and wire leading up to it.

  7. #7stinky642025-11-13 10:59

    Also those crappy little wires break inside the insulation, really need to check end of harness near plug end close. Give 'er a wiggle and look for "rubbery spot"

  8. #8Coaldust2025-11-13 11:04

    Welcome to the HEF, BDUB86! I see you are from TN. Good folks in TN. What do you haul with your Volvo? Does it have a CB radio? What’s your handle?