Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2000 model Cat 320BL slows when traveling. Help please?

will ยท 2010-12-08 20:38

I may have asked this here before, but we have been having trouble with the 320bl slowing down when traveling. Really does not matter if its in rabbit or turtle. We replaced the pressure switches, and it worked ok for about a day, then back to the same problems. Could there be an electrical gremlin running around in this thing? Where should we be looking next for a solution? We are farmers and are better at fixing tractors and combines than heavy equipment. Thanks for your help.

Replies7
  1. #1John C.2010-12-08 20:45

    How many hours are on this machine and have you done any major repairs in the past?

  2. #2will2010-12-08 21:10

    4000 hours, we purchased used, have put about 1000 of those hours on it myself. Nothing but regular service since we have owned it. Dont know about prior life, but its been flawless other than this issue.

  3. #3John C.2010-12-08 21:12

    Has the machine displayed any codes on the display panel? There is a diagnostic program in there. Do you know about it?

  4. #4will2010-12-08 21:26

    No i dont John, i always figured there was some way to access the codes, but have not figured it out yet. Not doing much walking for the last few months so not a terrible issue, but could be getting into some more demanding work soon. Can you educate me on extracting the codes? Thanks

  5. #5John C.2010-12-09 01:04

    I think I have it written somewhere. I'll PM you tomorrow when I get home.

  6. #6Jam2010-12-09 16:05

    Could i ask you to send that to me as well john if you wouldnt mind iv a throttle issue with a 312bl and id love to see if there are any fault codes stored. Thanx

  7. #7John C.2010-12-09 21:59

    I haven't been able to figure out how to send attachments through the PM function here. PM your email addresses and I'll attach a couple of PDF files that explain the procedure to get in and list the codes for you. John C.