Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 310sg

provider23 ยท 2023-05-09 00:08

New to me 2001 310sg 4wd no cab, hr meter non functional. Purchased at auction arrived on barge and drove it home. Now to replace few items. Only fuel gauge works on control panel cluster. Panel stickers/lights all out. Other than filters and lubes any other recomendations? Got some fiberglass work to do on hood. Starts well at 32 Fahrenheit, bucket works, outriggers, boom, little white smoke at start up clears in about 2 minutes, drove great down the road for 6 miles. Very nice ride compared to my older machine. Now to try and order a new gauge panel (cluster) and get that all working. I had a 1995 case 580 construction king 2wd for 10 years. This is a much nicer rig. Mainly used for moving trailers around lot and moving snow. Thanks for any feed back. I will read thru the many 310sg posts as well. Quote Reply Report

Replies4
  1. #1mg23612023-05-09 05:49

    Welcome to HEF provider23 ! The only suggestion I will make is when you change your oils and filters, is to cut open your filters to see if they are clean or if they have debris in them . If they have debris, you may want to keep a vigilant eye on that system, or, depending on the amount, take action. Also, check the rear differential oil level before draining it. Those machines like top eat Park Brake seals causing the rear axle to overfill. When and if you post questions regarding your new toy, post up the complete serial number so accurate information can be provided. How about some pictures of that newbie. Filter inspection video

  2. #2provider232023-05-09 10:51

    Thank you mg2361, I have a read a few of your other answers. It is great to have someone willing to share all there hard earned knowledge on here. I will do as you suggest very soon. I will also remember the complete serial number if the time arises. I'll get some pics later today.

  3. #3provider232023-05-16 23:36

    pics of machine. The good the bad and the ugly. Runs good. Not perfect but good enough for now.

  4. #4provider232023-05-16 23:37

    The machine showed up a week and half on the barge with the starter fluid sitting in cup holder and I thought oh great. luckily just a low battery and the dock crew didn't take with them. Started good with a better but still weak battery at just above freezing.